Contractor Cooperative Training Scheme
Contractor Cooperative Training Scheme (CCTS) is a “First-hire-then-train” scheme. An applicant is employed by contractor and then received the on-site training which is provided by the contractor. Eligible persons can be given training subsidy and go through assessment for skill level. During the training period, trainee is employed by the employer, the employer will pay according to the market rate of the salary. CIC will pay the training subsidy to the trainee. The subsidy amount of each trade is different. Both of salary and subsidy will be paid by the employers. All the allowance and salary are calculated based on the attendance.
Choice of Trades
- Drainlayer (Civil Engineering)*
- Timber/ Aluminium Formworker*
- Surveying and Setting Out*
- Site Surveying*
- Metal Formworker*
- Bar Bending and Fixer*
- Tunnel Worker*
- Metal Formwork & Concretor*
- Construction Scaffolding Worker*
- Tower Crane Workers’ Assistant *
- Bricklayer and Tiler*
- Bricklayer and Plasterer*
- Metal Scaffolding and Metal Formworker *
- Tower Crane Operator
- Pipe Layer
- PVC Waterproofer
- Track Worker*
- Track Welder
- TBM Operator*
- Jumbo Driller Operator
- Segment Erector
- Tunnel Shotcretor
- Tunnel Grouting Worker
- Tunnel Signalman
- Ground Investigation Operation Assistant
- Crawler Crane Operator
- P.E Underground Pipelayer
- Wheeled Telescopic Mobile Crane Operator
- Measurement Technician Assistant
Applicant will receive $270 allowance per day and a lump sum bonus allowance upon completion of the whole training period and passed relevant assessment for the above trades with *. Others will receive $170 allowance per day with no bonus allowance. All the allowance is calculated based on the attendance.
Mode of Training
The on-site training will be provided to the applicant by the contractor. The training duration of each trade is about 1 to 6 months, it is subjected to the training content of each trade.
- Aged 18 or above, physically fit for training and determine to pursue a career in Construction Industry; and
- For those who have not taken CIC’s Enhanced Construction Manpower Training Scheme (ECMTS)/Manpower Shortage Work Trade or other full time training courses offered by the CIC or another training bodies funded by the CIC within one year after graduation; or
- For those who have not taken CIC’s Technician programmes within two years after graduation.
Contractors may have other requirements.
Enquiry: 2100 9000
(Last Modified: 31.07.2017)