Skip to main content

New and Renewal Application

Applicants are required to bring along the originals of the following documents for on-site registration. The originals will be returned after checking.

Required documents include the followings:

1. A completed and signed "Application Form for Construction Workers Registration"
2. Identity document(s)
  • Hong Kong Identity Card
  • "Home Return Permit", or "One Way Exit Permit", or passport/ travel document/ other documents with a valid employment visa relevant to the trade division(s) of the application (Applicable to non-Hong Kong Permanent Residents)
  • Deed Poll (Applicable to change of name)
3. Construction Industry Safety Training Certificate (Green Card) (with at least 30 days of validity)
4. Qualification documents of related trade divisions and other related documents (with at least 30 days of validity)
  • Diver (Construction Works) – Medical Certificate with 1 year of validity
  • Building Security System Mechanic/ Electrical Equipment Mechanic (Construction Works) (Master) – Valid Security Personnel Permit (Category D security work)
  • Lift Mechanic/ Escalator Mechanic - Valid Registered Lift Worker/ Escalator Worker Registration
5. Recent color photo showing full frontal face with clear facial features, plain white background. No hat/ear pods, eyes are not covered by hair (Applicable to new registration applied by e-Application)


  • Applicants can submit application for card renewal within 6 months before its expiry date.
  • Application contains incomplete information will not be considered.
  • CIC will approach concerned authorities to verify the information provided by the applicants.
  • Applicants whose Green Cards / Trade Test Certificates are issued by CIC / former Construction Industry Training authority do not need to bring along their cards / original certificates for application. CIC staff will verify the qualifications through the computer system.
  • Applicants who have already submitted the application forms together with the copies of required documents through Group Submission, can only bring along the original of the required documents and application fee to the selected workers registration service centre at appointed time in person for application.
  • The supporting documents required are on a case-by-case basis.

Alignment of Expiry Date of Workers Registration Card and Green Card

You can connect your Construction Workers Registration Card with your Green Card (officially called the Construction Industry Safety Training Certificate), by aligning the expiry date of your Registration Card and your Green Card. The expiry date of your Green Card will then be printed at the back of your Registration Card. With this arrangement, you can work on construction sites without the need of bringing your Green Card along before the aligned expiry date. This arrangement has been accepted by the Labour Department from 2009, please click here for more details.

Please refer to the below table for the registration fee:

Validity of the Green Card Corresponding Registration Fee
36 months and above HK$80
24-35 months HK$60
18-23 months HK$40
Less than 18 months The arrangement of “Alignment of Expiry Date” is not applicable

“Alignment of Expiry Date” is only applicable to new and renewal applications of normal registration, except the following circumstances:

  • Any provisional registration;
  • Work in Hong Kong with a working visa
  • Re-issuance of Registration Card for changing or adding trade division(s);
  • Replacement of Worker Registration Card;
  • Information Update;
  • Validity of Green Card is less than 18 months.

How to Apply

Tick the box of "Application for Alignment of Expiry Date" and sign on the Workers Registration Application Form. Attach the copy of your Green Card with the form or show your Green Card to the staff at the Workers Registration Service Points.

Enquiries : 2873 1911

Last Updated: 2024-07-02 15:51:40